Brushless DC motors have no brushes to get worn out, they represent a huge leap forward in technology. Brushless output significantly higher efficiency and performance, and have a lower susceptibility to mechanical wear than their brushed counterparts.
- Brushless motors offer several other advantages, including;
- Higher torque to weight ratio
- Increased torque per watt of power input (increased efficiency)
- Increased reliability and lower maintenance requirements
- Reduced operational and mechanical noise
- Longer lifespan (no brush and commutator erosion)
- Elimination of ionizing sparks from the commutator (ESD)
- Near-elimination of electromagnetic interference (EMI)
LONGER LIFE EXPECTANCY
The accelerated wear and tear due to constant contact of the brushes and the energy generated as heat means that brushed motors are expected to break down much sooner than brushless motors. It is generally not recommended to operate a brushed motors for longer than several minutes continuously. Without a chance to cool down, heat buildup in brushed motors can easily compromise the integrity of its coils or brushes.
Although in brushless motors there is still some heat generation due to air friction, this is kept at a manageable level. Brushless motors can typically run from 30 minutes to an hour continuously with no problems.
JUST TAKE OUT YOUR ORIGINAL MOTOR AND USE THE EXISTING CONNECTORS ON YOUR AEG TO CONNECT YOUR NEW MOTOR
For more information checkout www.warheadindustries.com