- Brushless AEG motor
- Improved Tab Design includes small length of wire to prevent tabs breaking off
- Cast aluminum casing
- High quality speed controller with built in protection
- Great trigger response and efficiency
- Machine wound high temperature resistant quality copper stator wiring
- High quality magnets
- High quality D-cut removable pinion gear for easy switch outs
- Built in on-board esc with low voltage cut-off and over current draw to protect LiPo batteries from over discharge
The Warhead Industries “BASE” brushless motor, like its more expensive counterpart the “BLACK” version was designed from the ground up with offering a more cost sensitive price point in mind. A complete set of new moulds including the stator were used to produce this awesome budget friendly brushless AEG motor
The Warhead BASE motor is designed to be a cheaper alternative to its older broth the CNC black version. It is available in FOUR different speeds in both long and short shaft variants. The motor is fully compatible with a host of ETU and mosfets including brands such as Jeftron, Gate and Perun.
Brushed motors are notorious for having parts that get worn out after a while, requiring frequent dismantling and parts replacement. This is because the brushes of the commutator need to maintain almost constant contact with the terminals of the power source, even as the commutator rotates rapidly. When brushes get worn out and can no longer maintain contact, a brushed DC motor basically becomes useless.
This is less of a problem with brushless motors. In fact, there is essentially no contact between the rotor and stator of a brushless motor, so wear and tear are greatly reduced.
Longer life expectancy. The accelerated wear and tear due to constant contact of the brushes and the energy generated as heat means that brushed motors are expected to break down much sooner than brushless motors. It is generally not recommended to operate a brushed motors for longer than several minutes continuously. Without a chance to cool down, heat buildup in brushed motors can easily compromise the integrity of its coils or brushes. Although in brushless motors there is still some heat generation due to air friction, this is kept at a manageable level. Brushless motors can typically run from 30 minutes to an hour continuously with no problems.
Manufacturer: Warhead Industries
Size: Short Shaft
Operating Voltage: 7.2v – 11.4v (2 to 3 cell lithium polymer battery)
RPM: 27k/37k at 11.1v
Motor Type: Long
Compatibility: For Airsoft AEGs that utilize a short type motor
Why use a brushless motor in your AEG? Brushless DC motors have no brushes to get worn out, they represent a huge leap forward in technology. Brushless output significantly higher efficiency and performance, and have a lower susceptibility to mechanical wear than their brushed counterparts.
Brushless motors offer several other advantages, including;
- Higher torque to weight ratio
- Increased torque per watt of power input (increased efficiency)
- Increased reliability and lower maintenance requirements
- Reduced operational and mechanical noise
- Longer lifespan (no brush and commutator erosion)
- Elimination of ionizing sparks from the commutator (ESD)
- Near-elimination of electromagnetic interference (EMI)